Parisians are often portrayed as jaded people who look gloomy and spend their time complaining. What if we stopped seeing the bad side of things? Sometimes it doesn’t take much to feel happy. Here are 10 things that put me in a good mood, enjoy!
1. Having time for writing! Last month, I only wrote 8 blog posts because I was looking for a new job so I focused fully on sending applications. It was a necessary sacrifice but I had no time for my blog, which frustrated me. Until I start my new contract, I have some free time so I take this opportunity to reconnect with my favourite hobbies, it feels so good!
2. Finding shoes that I like with a discount! Lately, my canvas shoes passed away. I was dreaming of new Converse with joyful color and this morning, by walking in the shopping street near my place, I found a lovely pair of pink Converse perfect for my size and with more than 50% discount. It was the last model, I was so glad!
3. Preparing a good meal without the fuss! I usually do culinary efforts only when I host people or for special occasions. When I’m alone, I tend to be lazy so I easily eat frozen food or takeaway which is not ideal for a balanced diet. In recent days, I rediscovered the pleasure of cooking for myself and it was worth it! Homemade lasagna, pizza, pasta with vegetables, cookies…everything tastes better when you do it yourself and it does not even take a lot of time!
4. Achieving to sing a song that inspires me! Having an artistic activity contributes to my well-being. Beautiful words, a guitar and the voice of passion are the essential ingredients for a good time. Besides, it allows me to clear my head and improve my English level in a fun way!
5. Walking in the sun! Sunlight are good for vitamin D and contribute to distil cheerfulness. An economic and pleasant therapy to smile again!
6. Enjoying a cocktail with friends! Happy hour is well name. If you know the best addresses, you can have an excellent cocktail for half price, enjoy the terrace, catch up and put the world to rights with your mates. This is perfect for social and festive health!
7. Watching a comedy! Nothing could be easier with cheap DVD shops, Internet streaming or unlimited cinema card! Laughter is good for health. To consume without moderation!
8. Finding nice clothes I had forgotten by tidying my closet! I’ve just found a cute trench that I had not worn since 2011 and it still fits me! See, storing is good…
9. Discovering a new restaurant at lower cost! Challenge met with LaFourchette website! Gastronomic delights are not necessarily expensive and eating well makes you happy. It’s scientifically proven!
10. Not being overdrawn at the end of the month! Being able to manage your money also helps your morale well being. There is nothing more frustrating and stressful than being in the red! It’s good to feel responsible and tell yourself that you didn’t spend all you have on bullshit.
And you, what are the little things that make you happy? Don’t hesitate to give your opinion in the comment field. Cheers 🙂