Paris is such a symbolic city that I decided to do its Chinese Portrait. One picture says more than a thousand words, enjoy!
1. If Paris was a monument, it would be…THE EIFFEL TOWER! Just as the Statue of Liberty is the symbol of New York, the Iron Lady is the emblem of Paris!
2. If Paris was a viennoiserie, it would be…A CROISSANT! The good smell of warm croissants is so Parisian, don’t you think?
3. If Paris was a museum, it would be…THE LOUVRE! Who doesn’t know the Louvre and its historic splendor? Dan Brown has even chosen it to be the site of its Da Vinci Code story!
4. If Paris was a painting, it would be…MONA LISA! Even if Mona Lisa was painted by the illustrious Italian Da Vinci, it is in Paris that millions of tourists are jostling to admire her!
5. If Paris was a song, it would be…”LA VIE EN ROSE!” This beautiful song of Edith Piaf is the epitome of Parisian romanticism!
“Quand il me prend dans ses bras,
Il me parle tout bas
Je vois la vie en rose,
Il me dit des mots d’amour
Des mots de tous les jours,
Et ça m’fait quelque chose…”
6. If Paris was a means of transport, it would be…THE METRO! Whether we want it or not, the metro is an integral part of Parisian life. “Métro, Boulot, Dodo”…ring a bell?
7. If Paris was a hot beverage, it would be…COFFEE! Every self-respecting Parisian starts the day with coffee! Just as you cannot prevent an English guy of drinking tea, you cannot ask a Parisian to skip coffee! Got it?
8. If Paris was a great fashion designer, it would be…DIOR! As you know, Paris is the capital of fashion and “Dior j’adore”!
9. If Paris was a swear word, it would be…”PUTAIN!” In case you would not have noticed, Parisians chant this oath a hundred times a day. Oh putain!
10. If Paris was a movie, it would be…AMELIE! Montmartre and Amélie belong to the film heritage of Paris and give it a touch of poetry! Do you agree?
Hope you enjoyed this Chinese Portrait of Paris. And you, what would be yours? Don’t hesitate to give your opinion in the comment field. See you soon 🙂