As you probably know, Ines de La Fressange is a fashion icon. I’m not a fashionista or a fashion addict. In general, I keep abreast of fashion trends and I pick what I like. Good news, I recently realized that Parisian style is actually easy to adopt. In her cult book La parisienne, Ines says that you don’t need to be born in Paris to have the “made in Paris” attitude. You must adopt a mindset like having a rock attitude and never be bourgeois for example. One of her most valuable advice is to have fun with fashion and I agree with that. Dressing up should never be a fuss! This is great because to be a trendy Parisian girl, all you need is some basic clothing and know how to mix them. Here is a selection of 6 timeless basic clothing for you, enjoy!
1. The navy blue sweater! It will give you a simple and clean look, more refined than a black sweater. A navy blue sweater with V-neck will match very well with white jeans. For a casual chic effect, you can wear it with flat shoes like ballerinas or derbies. For the evening, prefer heels!
2. The trench coat! Wear it casually. Don’t close it from top to bottom and tie the belt loosely. You can wear it with jeans, chic pants or a little black dress…it suits with everything!
3. A pair of jeans! The ideal is to have several pairs of jeans to vary the styles: dark, raw denim, bleached, white, black and so on, don’t hesitate to play with the seasons and with your mood! Choose the shape you prefer: slim, skinny, straight, boyfriend or other, it’s up to you. The denim is really indispensable in your closet because it goes with everything and can be worn in almost all occasions. A chic jacket worn over jeans will be enough to give you style!
4. The little black dress! This is a must. We usually have several ones because they can save us from any situation, whatever the season, the event, circumstances…The little black dress is always elegant, simple, classy and sexy, it is one of my favourite clothes!
5. A tank top! Discreet, it is perfect with shorts, jeans, a skirt or a tuxedo jacket. Choose a simple color like white, black, gray, navy blue or khaki.
6. A leather jacket! It is the ideal garment to give a rock side to a classic outfit. Wear it with a satin or lace dress, under a winter coat or with white jeans for an awesome look!
Hope these 6 tips will allow you to embellish your Parisian look. xoxo 🙂