I know it sounds cliché but most of us love romantic comedies. Today I wanted to laugh and tell myself that everything is possible. Many Rom-Coms often show the same pattern and usually the man and the woman are both beautiful as gods, as it happens. Bridget Jones’s Diary may well be very caricatured, it has at least the merit of presenting a realistic heroine and this is what makes it so charming! After watching this film, I immediately felt better and I decided to write an article on the 10 reasons why Bridget Jones helps us to relativize our lives, enjoy!
1) Bridget Jones is a normal girl! She has her flaws, her complexes and her doubts like any other girl. Who has never made a fixette on her weight or her ability to seduce? Who has never been afraid to die fat and alone as an old spinster? Ok, ending up half-eaten by Alsatians is a bit exaggerated, if not paranoid. In my case, my biggest fear would rather be to die with only cuddly pandas for company. Just kidding.
2) Bridget Jones never thinks of the consequences! It’s not very rewarding but she acts like a teenager! She says whatever comes into her head, she follows her heart more than her reason and makes a catalogue of errors. You want to tell her “Think before doing anything!”…before realizing that sometimes you’re just the same!
3) Bridget Jones lacks of self-confidence! She feels like a failure, thinks her bottom has the size of Brazil, she has the feeling of being constantly ridiculed… All this is exacerbated in that character but we have to recognize that even us, we are not as confident as we would like to be, either physically or intellectually!
4) Bridget Jones loves to write her thoughts! It allows her to blow off steam. I also think that writing helps us expel our feelings and emotions. The diary sounds very teen but it’s like a therapy to get better. You cast your thoughts to be able to move on and literally turn the page!
5) Bridget Jones likes to ask advice from her friends! They’re like her second family. Even if their tips are not always wise, it’s touching to know that they care about her and her happiness. Friendship is essential to life, whether to share the good and bad times. It’s important to feel supported!
6) Bridget Jones is more attractive than she thinks! She doesn’t look like a supermodel but it doesn’t prevent her from looking sexy and attracting handsome men. Admit that Hugh Grant and Colin Firth are not ugly to look! All you need is confidence and to enhance your assets.
7) Bridget Jones is smarter than she looks! Even though she has been ridiculed by sliding along the firemen’s pole, later she managed to become a renowned reporter after getting the exclusivity of a political interview. Like what, everyone can have his moment of glory. Never lose hope and hold on!
8) Bridget Jones is a loving person! She is so kind and generous, whether with family, friends or strangers. She has much to offer, making her a nice person. She gives love advice to her dad to help him regain her mum, she doesn’t hesitate to spend four hours in the kitchen to cook dinner for her friends… Even if the result is not always there, we see that she has a golden heart! Be generous and your entourage will owe you big…
9) Bridget Jones is perfectible! She is able to lose weight, to reduce her cigarette consumption, to make a serious interview, to end a toxic relationship… You just need to have motivation, seize opportunities and be lucid!
10) Bridget Jones is loved as she is! Whether by her friends or the man of her life. Seriously, this is the greatest proof of love. Accepting yourself as you are is not easy but if you do, people who matter will do it as well. Don’t try to change for anyone, be yourself, learn from your mistakes and the rest will follow…
If a girl like Bridget managed to find her prince charming, there is no reason that you cannot find yours too.
Hope these 10 Bridget Jones reasons will help you relativize your life. Don’t hesitate to give your opinion in the comment field. xoxo 🙂