Whether it is with a friend, family or in a relationship, emotional distance is always a difficult test to overcome. Feelings are never easy to handle and even less when relationships deteriorate with those who are dear to you. Here are 8 tips to help you, get ready!
1. Agree to talk! Find a spare moment and a place safe from eavesdroppers. Then sit down to discuss. Accepting the existence of your problems will be a good starting point to find a way to solve them.
2. Be prepared! Before the discussion, list the issues you need to talk. Think about your concerns, expectations and points you want to improve. And above all, be open and honest about your thoughts!
3. Be nice and assertive at the same time! Clearly express what hurts you. Don’t talk too fast, take the time to listen to the other and ask for his opinion. The exchange must be constructive so banish the monologues and avoid blaming each other!
4. Identify the needs of each! And consider ways to remedy them. Nobody should feel aggrieved or frustrated! It’s give and take.
5. Everyone must recognize his responsibility! Nobody is innocent. A conflict is caused by several people so don’t look for scapegoats! Don’t forget to apologize for the wrongs you have committed and vice versa.
6. Take a fresh start! You will get better by starting on a new basis. Take commitments and stick to them! Don’t repeat the same mistakes…
7. Be warm towards each other! Be attentive and make efforts to strengthen your bonds. Show the other that you care about him.
Hope these 8 tips will help you to overcome emotional distance you could have with your loved ones. Don’t hesitate to give your opinion in the comment field. Hugs 🙂