Hello sports mates!
Summer is in full swing, you need to be fit but you don’t want to lock yourself in the gym? Running can be an alternative both economical and ideal for enjoying the outdoors. Here are 10 benefits of running to convince you… Ready Steady Go!!!
1. Stay young! According to a Danish study, regular practice of running (2 to 3 times per week) increases life expectancy of at least 5 years. Life is short so enjoy it up!
2. Get thinner! An hour of running at medium pace makes you burn about 500 calories. Result confirmed by my Runtastic app this morning! Say goodbye to the fat and sculpt your shape with muscle…
3. Strengthen your heart! By working your endurance, you increase your blood circulation, increase your breathing capacity and lower blood pressure. The heart is a fragile piece so pamper it!
4. Drive out stress! Running helps release tensions and clear your head. Plus, thanks to the endorphins and adrenaline secretion, you will have a pleasant feeling of well-being. So put on your sneakers and smile!
5. Stop your migraines! If you don’t like medicines, running is a good substitute. According to a Swedish study, running 3 times a week for 40 minutes reduces the frequency of headaches, yay!
6. Improve your cognitive functions! Running improves your intellectual abilities. Think about it the next time you will have an exam…
7. Be confident! Running gives you better control of your health, increases your self-esteem and quality of life. Surpassing yourself can only be beneficial for your image, enjoy!
8. Be strong! Running helps you strengthen yourself physically. Like this, you will be less tired and will have less risks of muscle or bone injuries, that’s cool!
9. Be healthy in body and mind! The accomplishment of a physical effort helps overcome symptoms of depression, anxiety and bipolar disorder. So go running to say goodbye to dark thoughts!
Hope these 10 reasons will convince you to start running. Don’t hesitate to give your opinion in the comment field. Have a nice evening 🙂