The heat wave alert has been launched, the thermometer shows 32 degrees in Paris and the heat is overwhelming! How awful… The worst is when you haven’t air conditioning at home! I know it’s hard but stop lamenting and read this article: here are 18 tips to refresh yourselves anyway!
1.The cold pillow! Wrap your pillow with plastic bags and leave it 2 hours in the freezer. Like this, your naps and nights will be cooler!
2. Sleep without duvet! A sheet is more than enough!
3. Opt for a minimalist pyjama! Or no pyjama at all, as you prefer. You will sleep better without unnecessary layers!
4. Put a large glass of water on the floor! It will reduce the temperature of your room.
5. Spray water on your skin! This will refresh you immediately! Atomizer, spray bottle for plants or water gun, it’s up to you…
6. Wet your hair and tie them! We think better with a cool head…
7. Choose clothes with short sleeves or sleeveless! And forget the jeans if you don’t want to die of hyperthermia! Summer dresses, light skirts, cropped trousers or other, wear appropriate clothing! If your office dress code requires you to wear suit and tie all year, good luck to you, you can change clothes at home…
8. Avoid black clothes! They are like heat magnets. Choose light colored clothing made of cotton or linen. White is a trendy color for summer, fresh, bright and chic at the same time, enjoy!
9. Avoid closed shoes if possible! Girls can still go to work in sandals, it’s more pleasant.
10. At work, run cold water over your wrists for 10 seconds! This will refresh your body temperature for at least one hour.
11. At home, soak your feet in a bassin of cold water! It’s enough to cool your whole body.
12. Take a bath of cold water with ice cubes! You will remain fresh for a long time…
13. Eat watermelon, pineapple or melon! These are the most refreshing fruits.
14. Put mint leaves in your salads, sauces, ice creams and drinks! It will bring you a pleasant feeling of freshness.
15. Close your windows and curtains during the day! It will block the sun’s heat.
16. Open your windows at night! The fresh night air will cool your house.
17. Avoid using your oven! Prefer cold food, its better in summer.
18. Drink water regularly! To avoid dehydration, drink between 1.5 and 2 liters of water per day.
Hope these 18 tips will allow you to fight again this terrible heat wave. Feel free to give your opinion in the comment field. Cheers 🙂