Hello ice cream lovers!
The sun is shining brightly in Paris, the sky is blue, it’s getting hot: summer is coming! What could be better than an ice cream to celebrate the return of this wonderful season? Here are my 5 favourite Parisian ice cream shops, enjoy!
1. Oronero! I discovered this ice cream paradise yesterday by chance, next to one of my favourite bars. Imagine premium artisanal Italian ice creams made with fresh ingredients 100% natural, creamy, sweet and deliciously melting, wow! The ice cream cups are very well presented with fresh fruits and biscuit. I tried fragola and mango flavors and it was simply divine with the real taste of the fruits! Not to waste anything, ice creams are not expensive at all: 3.50 euros for one scoop, 5 euros for 2 scoops and 6.50 euros for 3 scoops. Add 1.50 euros for a chantilly supplement. Opening hours: unknown but I guess they open every day. Where to find it? 6 rue Sainte-Opportune 75001 Paris.
2. Amorino! Another good place of Italian gelato. They are made with quality organic ingredients, natural flavors and there is no food coloring. Plus, I am lucky to have an Amorino shop near my place! There are 5 different sizes of cups: small, classic, big, giant or grandissimo and you can choose as many flavors as you want, yum! Pistachio is my favourite flavor in this shop. A small cup is 3 euros, a classic cup is 4.50 euros and the biggest one is 8.50 euros. Opening hours: from Monday to Thursday (from noon to 8:30 pm) and from Friday to Sunday (from noon to 10:00 pm). Where to find it? 90 rue du Commerce 75015 Paris.
3. Häagen-Dasz! This American brand is one of the leaders of ice cream. The Häagen Dasz shop of Champs-Elysées is my favourite one and the Gold Room is simply beautiful! I like their wide variety of flavors, the colors and their original compositions. I have a thing with the Summertime Cone, so delicious! The prices are expensive but it’s worth it. 2 scoops are 5.60 euros. A composition costs 10-12 euros. Opening hours: from Monday to Friday (from 10:00 am to 01:00 am) and on Saturday and Sunday (from 10:00 am to 02:00 am). Where to find it? 49 avenue des Champs-Elysées 75008 Paris.
4. Berthillon! A wonderful address of artisanal ice creams and sorbets. There are about 40 different flavors, this is so huge! My favourite flavors are apricot, peach, wild strawberry and mango. One scoop is 2.50 euros, 2 scoops is 4 euros. I always go to Ile de la Cité when I fancy Berthillon ice cream. Opening hours: from Wednesday to Sunday (from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm). Where to find it? 29-31 rue Saint-Louis en l’Ile 75004 Paris.
5. La Tropicale! This charming ice cream shop offers exotic and original flavors that come out the ordinary such as mojito, black sesame, matcha green tea, mandarin-rum, rose, cinnamon-fig and so on. We feel like traveling! 3 scoops are 5.50 euros, a composition is 7-8.50 euros. Opening hours: from Monday to Friday (from noon to 7:30 pm) and on Saturday and Sunday (from 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm). Where to find it? 180 boulevard Vincent Auriol 75013 Paris.