Hello movie fans!
To start a new week and ward off Monday’s curse, I propose to share with you 10 inspirational movie quotes!
1. “No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world.” (Dead Poets Society) Never underestimate the power of words. Freedom of thought and expression is a force by itself. According to me, words are the ambassadors of our own world view!
2. “Don’t wait till Death shows up before you start learning how to live.” (Meet Joe Black) Live your life, your dreams and your passions while there is still time. Life is too short to have regrets! And tell your loved ones that you love them before it’s too late…
3. “Falling down is how we grow. Staying down is how we die.” (Gladiator) There is no shame to fall. The most important thing is knowing to get up and move forward. Trials make us grow and strengthen us! Be a warrior, not a victim.
4. “Happiness is only real, when shared.” (Into The Wild) You cannot be happy alone. Happiness is a gift to share with your loved ones. The human being is a social animal, he is made to live in community, not to live as an hermit!
5. “Don’t ever let someone tell you that you can’t do something. Not even me. You got a dream, you gotta protect it. When people can’t do something themselves, they’re gonna tell you that you can’t do it. You want something, go get it. Period.” (The Pursuit of Happyness) Your dreams belong only to you. Nobody has the right to stop you achieve what matters to your heart. It’s good to have projects, giving yourself the means to realize them is even better!
6. “Calling somebody else fat won’t make you any skinnier. Calling someone stupid doesn’t make you any smarter.” (Mean Girls) You got it, being mean is ugly and useless. Care about your own happiness instead of wishing the misfortune of others!
7. “Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re going to get.” (Forrest Gump) Life is full of surprises, bad or good, nobody can predict his fate. If you get a bitter chocolate today, you might get something sweeter tomorrow, who knows? Do not act as if you were condemned and continue to smile at life!
8. “If you love someone, you say it, you say it right there, out loud. Otherwise the moment just passes you by.” (My Best Friend’s Wedding) The only way to know the feelings of the other is to confess ours. Even if you are a couple, it’s important to say that you love each other. The more you wait, the more you increase the risk to lose your chance…
9. “A real loser is someone who’s so afraid of not winning he doesn’t even try.” (Little Miss Sunshine) As long as you do not try, you do not have the right to complain. Imagine yourself in a winning position and give yourself all the means to succeed! Even if you fail after, you will have no regret because you will have done all you can. And this is already a victory.
10. “You’ll never be a vegetable. Even artichokes have hearts!” (Amélie) Amélie movie is filled with metaphors and poetry! People with artichoke heart are known to fall in love all the time. And when you call someone a vegetable, it means that he’s stupid. Several interpretations are possible for this quote. I found it funny, ironic and cynical at the same time. French people love playing with words! The fact that artichokes have a heart in the proper sense gives them a touch of humanity. And it is well known, the other vegetables are heartless (and brainless).
And you, which movie quotes inspire you? If you wanna give your opinion, the comment field is yours. See you soon 🙂