Hello GOT fans!
Whether it is through the books or the series, Game of Thrones saga leaves no one indifferent… It’s Sunday evening, everything we need is a relaxing activity. Today I propose to share with you my 10 favourite quotes from GOT to shine in society, illustrate a philosophical essay, meditate or just for fun, enjoy!
1. Season 1, episode 7: “When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” I hate Cersei but I love this quote, it is so inspiring! I find it full of morgue and determination and it’s common sense. If you don’t want to be eaten, you are obliged to be ambitious and stronger than others. It encourages you to surpass yourself!
2. Season 2, episode 8: “I asked him, how can a man be brave if he’s afraid? That is the only time a man can be brave, he told me.” How beautiful quote! Robb was my favourite character from House Stark before he died. This quote challenges us to overcome our fears to find the courage within us. To repeat before an interview, an exam or an important appointment!
3. Season 1, episode 4: “The next time you raise a hand to me will be the last time you have hands.” Daenerys is my favourite character from GOT. I love how she became stronger through the seasons. Girl power! This quote says no to submission and violence against women. Never let a man or anyone mistreat you! Never turn into a battered woman. Nobody has the right to abuse you!
4. Season 2, episode 1: “Once you’ve accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you.” Tyrion is the only Lannister that I find sympathetic. This quote encourages us to transform our weaknesses into strengths. Accepting our flaws means accepting who we are! And this makes you stronger.
5. Season 4, episode 9: “You know nothing, Jon Snow.” This quote is as famous as “Winter is coming.” I don’t like Ygritte but this legendary quote makes me laugh. Jon Snow never knows anything, this quote could become proverbial. Soon, in everyday language, an ignorant will be called a Jon Snow! Don’t be upset Jon, we still love you.
6. Season 5, episode 3: “You mistake me, my lord. That was not an offer. That was a command.” Finally, a quote where Jon Snow demonstrated authority! I like when he plays such badass part. This quote clearly shows who is the master. Well done, Jon, keep on like this!
7. Season 4, episode 6: “It is a big and beautiful world. Most of us live and die in the same corner where we were born and never get to see any of it. I don’t want to be most of us.” I don’t like Oberyn but I find this quote so classy! I think the same. I don’t want to die before seeing all the beauty of the world! I intend to accomplish great things…
8. Season 2, episode 10: “Valar Morghulis.” This enigmatic phrase of Jaqen H’ghar means “All men must die” in High Valyrian language. To cram in a society dinner…
9. Season 2, episode 3: “Sometimes those with the most power have the least grace.” Littlefinger is a jerk but we must recognize that he has repartee! True. Powerful people are not always graceful… You can’t buy taste or class, you either have it or you don’t!
10. Season 2, episode 9: “There’s no cure for being a cunt.” Well said, Bronn! Stupid people cannot be saved. To be sent to your worst enemy…
And you, what are you favourite quotes from Game of Thrones? Feel free to give your opinion in the comment field. See you soon 🙂