You fancy a good restaurant but your wallet is almost empty? Being in Paris and eating cans is so sad! Do you still have 10 euros? If so, dry your eyes and reassure your poor little hungry stomach! Here are 5 addresses to eat for 10 euros maximum in Paris…
1. Chez Gladines! If you like Basque cuisine, this place is waiting for you! Careful, there are always lots of people, you must register on a list when you arrive and queue but it’s worth it! The food is delicious, the atmosphere is fun and you can joke with the waiters. You can have composed salads from 7.80 euros (9 euros for a tasty gourmet salad), plates of potatoes from 4 euros, plates of charcuterie or cheese from 3.50 euros, a specialty from 8.90 euros, a main from 9.80 euros and a dessert from 4 euros. For you to adjust your 10 euros! You will have to pay by cash cause they don’t take credit card. They also have a lunch menu for 9.50 euros including a main course and dessert… Opening hours: on Monday and Tuesday (noon-3:00 pm and 7:00 pm-midnight), from Wednesday to Friday (noon-3:00 pm and 7:00 pm-1:00 am), on Saturday (noon-4:00 pm and 7:00 pm-1:00 am) and on Sunday (noon-4:00 pm and 7:00-midnight). Where to find it? 30 rue des Cinq Diamants 75013 Paris.
2. Le Drapeau de la Fidélité! This lovely little restaurant offers French and Vietnamese specialties at unbeatable prices: all dishes are good, hearty and only cost 6 euros, 5 euros for students, wow! Bo bun with spaghettis, assortment of nems, entrecote with fries, caramel pork, steak with shallots accompanied by chips and so on, treat yourself! The cherry on the top: you can have a beer for 1.50 euros! Plus, the decor comes directly from another era: wooden walls are covered with novels and essays (the Vietnamese boss, Mr. Quan, is a former professor of philosophy), the old flag of Vietnam floats above the bar, and toilets broacast French variety of the eighties, it feels like traveling back in time! This place is so awesome and tiny that you will have to come early to have a seat, the kitchen closes at 8:30 pm and the restaurant at 10:00 pm, hurry up! Opening hours: from Monday to Saturday from 3:00 pm to 10:00 pm. Where to find it? 21 rue Copreaux 75015 Paris.
3. Au Petit Bistrot! A full meal as if you were invited at your granny’s place, anyone? The atmosphere of this restaurant is simple, the decor is rustic and pleasant, it feels like home! Starter+main+cheese plate or homemade crème caramel for 9.90 euros (lunch and dinner), who’s in ? Say yes to traditional, family and tasty French cuisine! Opening hours: from Monday to Friday (from noon to 11:00 pm) and on Saturday (from noon to 3:00 am). Where to find it? 89 rue Mouffetard 75005 Paris.
4. It Rocks! Junk food lovers, this is the cheapest burger restaurant in Paris (fast food like Mc Donald’s are not restaurants for me)! I know what you will say: “If it’s the cheapest, it must be creepy!”. Not at all! This great place is located in the very chic neighborhood of Galeries Lafayette and Printemps department stores, see! What about the quality of food? The cook is a former chef of Crillon restaurant and spends his time exceeding his creative limits! Large butcher meat steaks are juicy and melting, the baker bread is soft and compote topping is worthy of a gourmet restaurant, speaking of “French” topping with Paris mushrooms and wholegrain mustard, “Chicken” topping with curry and coriander, “Spicy” topping with pepper and Espelette chili, the list goes on! You can have a burger with homemade fries and a coke for 9.90 euros, for lunch or dinner, as you prefer. Opening hours: from Monday to Saturday (from noon to 4:00 pm and from 6:30 pm to 10:00 pm) and on Sunday (from 6:30 pm to 10:00 pm). Where to find it? 50 rue de Provence 75009 Paris.
5. Dolce Felix! A small dish and a glass of wine for 5 euros? It’s possible in this incredible restaurant! The decor is refined, the dining room is very nice and the food is good! The white wine is fruity and the dishes vary according to the mood of the patroness. Chicken with coconut milk, pineapple and chili, spaghettis with clams…everything is possible! The portions are small so feel free to order a second formula, come on, you have 10 euros! Or if you prefer to vary the pleasures, what about a plate of 3 cheeses or a dessert like air strawberry cream with white chocolate for only 3 euros? So you can have a glass of wine and a dish plus cheese or dessert for 8 euros, isn’t that fantastic? Opening hours: from Tuesday to Saturday (from 7:30 pm to 10:30 pm). Where to find it? 9 rue de Chaumont 75019 Paris.
Hope these 5 addresses will satisfy your stomach and your wallet! Feel free to give your opinion in the comment field. Enjoy your meal 🙂