Hello “Game of Thrones” lovers!
As you know, Season 5 is coming this month, yay!!! What about celebrating the good news with a “Game of Thrones” party this week-end? Here are 10 tips for an epic GOT party!
1. Divide the different clans in advance! Stark, Lannister, Targaryen, Baratheon, Greyjoy, Martell, Tully, Tyrell and so on, choose your house! Draw lots if you don’t find an agreement…
2. Choose your character and agree with the choice of each to avoid duplication! It is out of question to have the same character multiple times! Revisit some episods if you have trouble choosing. Daenerys is definitely my favourite one! “Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of Mereen, Queen of the Andals and the Roynar and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons.”… Oh my god, she has so many titles! Isn’t that classy?
3. Prepare your costume and your accessories! You can buy complete disguises but it may be expensive… Why not use your creativity and your resourcefulness? It will be cheaper, more original and you will get more merit! Here is a selection of homemade costumes to give you inspiration. Do sort through the items you already have and buy only the bare necessities!
4. The buffet must be worthy of the name, medieval and Royal! For savory dishes, provide cheese, chicken drumsticks, bone-in ham, pies, boiled eggs, roasted meat and so on. For the desserts: fruits galore (the grapes are essential!), pop cakes in the form of decapitated heads, lemon pie, biscuits or cupcakes with a customized frosting, the list goes on! You can find tutorials on the Internet if you don’t know how to do…
5. Provide renowned drinks! You can print original labels on the Internet and tape them on your beer bottles to create your “Game of Thrones” pub! There are also tutorials to create cocktails inspired by the series. And don’t forget the wine, it’s the favourite drink of Cersei!
6. Write your menu! Invent original names for your dishes or pick ideas on the Internet. Here is the menu I would make for my GOT party: royal beer tasting, imported wine from the cellar of the Lannisters, dragon eggs, cheese platter of Lady Tyrell, pig hunted by Robert Baratheon, roast wild boar, chicken drumsticks with medieval sauce, orchard fruits from Winterfell, remains of the Starks, Sansa’s lemon pie and iron throne cupcakes. There are endless possibilities, be creative!
7. Set the decor! Light some candles, put some candlesticks if possible, decorate your sofa with fake fur and the floor with fake animal skins… Paint large pinecones to symbolize the dragon eggs, print emblems of the different houses on the Internet and tape them on your walls, you can add your “Game of Thrones” books and DVDs, posters and wolves plush for example!
9. Organize games! Get the “Game of Thrones” board game if you can, I think there is also a Monopoly version of it… You can also prepare a “Game of Thrones” quiz or play Time’s up with “Game of Thrones” theme!
10. Immortalize your crew! Take pictures of all your guests with their “Game of Thrones” costumes, you will have great memories for sure!
That’s it! Hope these 10 tips will allow you to have the “Game of Thrones” time of your life! If you wanna give your opinion or share your own tips, the comment field is yours. Have fun 🙂