As you may have noticed, I often talk about food and cocktails in my posts so I decided to create a category dedicated to recipes. It could be helpful, no? Today, I propose to inaugurate this new category by inviting you to discover my 10 favourite recipes. Here we go!
1. My exotic punch! This recipe is very easy and quick to prepare and it always has success when I make a party at home. In a large bowl, pour 3 liters of exotic juices (multivitamin, mango, guava, pineapple or other), add 75 centilitres of white rhum (I like the Old Nick brand) and 2 pinches of cinnamon powder. Mix and add banana slices. Don’t forget to pour lemon juice over the bananas to avoid darkening! Refrigerate for 2 hours minimum. Variation: you can replace the cinnamon powder with cinnamon sticks, it will perfume your punch better!
2. My mexican pizza! I learnt to make pizza dough and then I forgot. Since I am lazy, I prefer to buy pizza dough already prepared (the Herta brand makes very good pizza dough, I like to choose the rectangular shape, it’s easier to cut!). How to proceed? Remove the tray from the oven. Preheat your oven to 200-220 degrees, it depends on its power. Roll out the pizza dough on the tray by keeping the baking paper. Spread tomato sauce over the dough. Pour the content of a box of minced beef in a stove. Cook over medium heat. In another frying pan, pour a little olive oil. Cook frozen chunks roasted peppers over high heat. Beware, it cooks very quickly! Spread the minced meat on the pizza. Add the content of a large can of soft grain corn. Arrange the peppers. Pour a little olive oil over the pizza and a few pinches of powdered oregano, this is what gives the flavor of the pizza. Don’t hesitate to add pepper. Sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake the pizza in the oven for 15-20 minutes, it depends on the power of your oven again. Variation: you can replace the grated cheese with chunks of mozzarella and break an egg on the pizza before cooking.
3. Colorful brochettes! It’s assembly cooking but it always impresses. Cook frozen meatballs in the oven (20 minutes after preheated). Cook “pommes-noisettes” (in the oven or in a pan with a little olive oil, as you prefer). Wash and cut slices of courgettes. Wash cheery tomatoes. Take wooden skewers and arrange the different ingredients. Put your brochettes 10 minutes in the oven. You can accompany your brochettes with a tzatziki sauce: mix together the half of a peeled cucumber, Bulgarian yoghurt, petit suisse, peeled garlic, parsley and chives. Add salt and pepper. You will obtain a liquid sauce. For a thicker sauce, mix all ingredients except the cucumber and add diced cucumber. Chill.
4. Salmon-spinach tartlets! Another recipe easy to prepare! Remove the tray of the oven. Preheat it to 180 degrees. Roll out puff pastry into small individual molds by keeping the baking paper. Make holes in the dough with a fork. Cook frozen leaf or chopped spinach in a covered casserole. Cut smoked salmon into thin strips. Spread the base of the tartlets with crème fraîche. Add the spinach and the salmon. Pour a little of lemon juice on top of the salmon and a bit of pepper. Bake the tartlets 10-15 minutes in the oven, according to its power.
5. Mini quiches with lardons! It’s almost the same principle as the tartlets! Remove the tray of the oven. Preheat it to 180 degrees. Roll out shortcrust pastry into small individual molds by keeping the baking paper. Make holes in the dough with a fork. Precook 10 minutes in the oven. Cook diced bacon in a pan. Chop an onion and fry it in a pan with a little olive oil. Spread the base of each quiche with crème fraîche. Put the lardons on the top. Add the onion and a bit of pepper. Bake the quiches 10-15 minutes in the oven, it depends on its power.
6. Exotic sweet and salty salad! In a large bowl, mix pieces of mango, pepper, pineaple, cucumber, prawns, mint, peanuts and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper. Easy and tasty, no? I have also another recipe of tropical salad: mix corn, cherry tomatoes, avocado, tuna and slices of banana. Pour some lemon juice over the bananas to avoid darkening. Serve with a spicy vinaigrette. For my vinaigrette, I usually mix salt, pepper, sugar, basalmic vinegar, olive oil, honey, mustard and a little of water. Try it!
7. Tiramisu! Beat 75 g sugar with 3 egg yolks with a whisk until it gets foamy. Incorporate 250 g mascarpone. Beat the egg whites into a firm peak and incorporate them in the preparation. Soak 35 finger biscuits in the content of a cup of coffee and arrange the biscuits in a rectangular plate. Add a layer of cream and retry the operation ending with cream. Refrigerate for 12 hours. Sprinkle the surface of tiramisu with cocoa powder. I love this dessert!
8. Cookies! Remove the tray of the oven and preheat it to 180 degrees. Put baking paper on the tray. Melt 75 g butter in the microwave. Add 125 g sugar Cane and 2 packets of vanilla sugar. Add an egg. Then incorporate 150 g flour, 100 g chocolate chips and a tablespoon of milk. Mix everything. With a teaspoon, put spaced dough balls on the tray and bake for 13 minutes. Variations: you can add cocoa powder in the dough and replace the milk with orange juice. I also like using chunks of different chocolates or making chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips, yum!
9. Cupcakes! Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. Break 4 eggs in a bowl and beat them lightly with a whisk. Add 125 g sugar and whisk until the preparation becomes pale. Add 125 g melted butter. Add 80 ml of milk and whisk lightly. Incorporate 150 g flour and half a packet of yeast all at once. Mix until obtaining a smooth and homogeneous paste. File boxes of paper in each cell of your muffin pan. Fill three quarters of your molds. Bake for 18-20 minutes. For the icing, mix 250 g icing sugar with a tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of water and food coloring (few drops are enough!). Spread the icing on the top of your cupcakes and decorate them with vermicelli color. Have fun!
10. Hedgehogs apples! Preheat your oven to 180 degrees. Boil water. Add some sugar. Add peeled apples, cored and cut in 2. When they are cooked (check with the tip of a knife), take them off and arrange them on a plate. Toast almonds in the oven. Then put the almonds on the apples to form the peaks of the hedgehogs. You can use raisins to make the eyes. Isn’t that cute?
Hope these 10 recipes will give you some ideas for your future meals! Don’t hesitate to share your own recipes in the comment field. Bon appétit 🙂