This is already half of the week! Wanna go out without the fuss? What about relaxing yourselves in a bar where you can play games? Here is a selection of 7 Parisian bars where you can drink and play, enjoy!
1. Oya Café is a former grocery store converted into a local bar, in Paris 13. It offers a large choice of drinks at an affordable price and more than 500 board games from around the world, yes you heard me! In a comfortable room, you will be able to play and enjoy an evening with your friends or colleagues. Note that the first game with a drink costs 5 euros and you will have to add 3 euros per new game per person. You can even buy board games for yourself: careful though, they can be cheap or very expensive, depending on the rarity of the game! Opening hours: from Tuesday to Saturday (from 2:00 pm to midnight) and on Sunday (from 2:00 pm to 9:00 pm). Where to find it? 25 rue de la Reine Blanche 75013 Paris.
2. Blind tests lovers, go to Le Dock, in Opéra district. Listen to me, girls! On Wednesday, it’s Ladies’ Night and blind test: all the cocktails and glasses of champagne are 6 euros all night, just for us! You can even get a bottle of champagne by winning the blind test, wow! There is also a blind test on Thursday for everyone with the same prize, try your luck… Opening hours: from Monday to Thursday (from 5:00 pm to 2:00 am), on Friday (from 5:00 pm to 5:00 am) and on Saturday (from 6:00 pm to 5:00 am). Where to find it? 25 rue Louis le Grand 75002 Paris.
3. If you like arcade games, Le Fantôme is waiting for you! The futuristic ceiling and the retro furniture are charming. Back to the eighties with Pac-Man, Dig Dug, Astro City, Street Fighter and others! There are also pinball machines and a babyfoot, that’s cool! You can have a slice of pizza for 5-6 euros and a cocktail costs between 10 and 12 euros. Opening hours: every day from 11:00 am to 2:00 am. Where to find it? 36 rue de Paradis 75010 Paris.
4. Le Dernier bar avant la fin du monde will delight you, geeks! The scenery with its medieval and steampunk influences is generously customized according to the tastes of geek culture: Star Wars, World of Warcraft, Indiana Jones…ring a bell? Come and play board games in a great friendly room! A cocktail costs between 8.50 and 12 euros but you have also beers for a more reasonable price. Opening hours: from Tuesday to Sunday (from 10:00 am to midnight). Where to find it? 19 Avenue Victoria 75001 Paris.
5. Gossima Ping Pong Bar is dedicated to tennis table fans! It spans 2 levels where you can either quench your thirst in the 2 bars at your disposal, or make a match with your friends, there are 8 tables to play! A pint of beer costs around 7.50 euros and 30 minutes of ping pong 6 euros (5 euros before 6:00 pm). Opening hours: from Tuesday to Sunday (from noon to 2:00 am). Where to find it? 4 rue Victor Gelez 75011 Paris.
6. The Auld Alliance Pub will take you to a Scottish universe! You won’t regret it if you like whiskey, beer, pool and darts! The pool room has stone walls, a vaulted ceiling and it’s surrounded by wooden benches. The pool is really beautiful! A game of pool costs only 2 euros and a beer is around 7 euros. There is also a quizz party on Monday, go for it! Opening hours: every day from 3:00 pm to 2:00 am. Where to find it? 80 rue François Miron 75004 Paris.
7. la Lucha Libre bar offers you “tapas, fiesta y tequila”! Its particularity is to host a ring of Mexican wrestling, recognizable by its colorful masks and its spectacular catches. With its colorful decor on the edge of kitsch, the place invite you to an “open ring” in the basement, where the public can try every night to fight, wearing a foam sumo outfit! Don’t worry, it’s not violent. Note that you are obliged to have drink (3.50 euros minimum). The open ring costs 2 euros per person on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, and 3 euros on Friday and Saturday. Opening hours: from Tuesday to Saturday (from 5:00 pm to 2:00 am). Where to find it? 10 Rue de la Montagne Sainte-Geneviève 75005 Paris.
Hope these addresses will allow you to have fun! Don’t hesitate to give me your opinion in the comment field. Cheers 🙂