Good news, it’s almost week-end! What better idea than going for a drink after a hard week? I bet some of you are starting to be thirsty, aren’t you ? Fine, I’m going to introduce you my favourite bars in Paris!
1. If you are fans of mojitos, I suggest you to go to Ze Bar, in Saint-Michel district, Paris 5. It looks like a den of workers with its decor based on large pipling and safety helmets on the walls. The red green orange atmosphere is reminiscent of the traffic light stamped on display and the bar seems to be directly implanted into the stone. More important, there is a large choice of mojitos (apple, passion, strawberry, raspberry and so on) but also original shooters (flamed, in jelly, with Nutella…), treat yourself ! Opening hours: from Monday to Sunday (4:00 pm – 2:00 am). Where to find it ? 20 rue de la Huchette 75005 Paris.
2. Candies and chantilly lovers, have a look at El Rancho Dominicano, in Bastille, Paris 11. You will be enchanted by this little bar that looks like a psychedelic jungle. I love the green light, the wild scenery and the tables barrel-shapped! They offer girly cocktails topped with sweets and whipped cream, charcuterie plates and flavored rums, wow! Try to come early because this lovely place is very small. Opening hours: from Monday to Sunday (5:00 pm- 2:00 am). Where to find it? 43 rue de Lappe 75011 Paris.
3. Located in Châtelet district, Paris 1, the Banana Café is one of the rare bars where I could drink a cocktail with candy floss syrup (ask for the “Manège Enchanté!”). The decor is very tropical with its fake palm trees, coconuts and buoys. More important, you will appreciate the generous cocktail menu! Opening hours: from Monday to Sunday (6:00 pm – 06:00 am). Where to find it? 13 rue de la Ferronnerie 75001 Paris.
4. If you like English pubs, you have to go to Frogpubs! My favourite one is The Frog & British Library in Bibliothèque François Mitterand district, Paris 13. Here you can have good beers (I have a thing with the Ginger Twist), cocktails (when most of the bars offer Sex on the Beach, this is the only place where you can order Sex in the Sea), tasty burgers and comfy banquettes! Ideal for brunch or afterworks. Opening hours: from Monday to Friday (7:30 am – 2:00 am) and on Saturday and Sunday (12:00 am – 2:00 am). Where to find it? 114 avenue de France 75013 Paris.
5. I like Indiana Café Tolbiac because it’s the unique Indiana Café where you can play pool! The atmosphere is authentic and modern at the same time, the decor quite impresive with golden tags, Indian pictures on the walls and plasma screens broadcasting music all along the day. The Blue Lagoon cocktail is my favourite one and their tapas are ok. If you’re in a dancing mood, DJs are mixing from 11:00 pm every week-end. Opening hours: from Monday to Sunday (8:00 am – 2:00 am). Where to find it? 74 avenue de France 75013 Paris.
If you want to share your bars addresses, feel free to comment! See you tomorrow for another topic. Cheers! 😀